Qiaoni “Linda” Jing grew up in a farming suburb of Xi’an, China. After receiving her B.E. of Industrial Engineering from Suzhou University, Jiangsu, and M.A. of Economics from Fudan University, Shanghai, Linda started her career in 1999 as a Consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Inspired by her father who was appointed by the Chinese Premier to head one of the largest state-owned enterprises in China, Linda decided to pursue a general management career. She started such pursuit by attending Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University and obtained her M.B.A. in 2004.
Upon graduation from Kellogg, Linda joined General Motors (GM) as a Project Lead in Corporate Strategy. When presented cross-function developmental opportunities in 2006, she chose to work at Wentzville Truck Assembly Plant as a General Supervisor in production. In 2007, Linda became the Quality Audit Manager for the Plant and secured the JD Power Associates’ Segment Best Quality Award for GM. Shortly after, Linda was brought back to the Headquarters as a Business Development Manager focusing on strategic alliance with partners such as Chrysler and BMW.
In 2009, Linda joined Monsanto Company through its Global Commercial Emerging Leaders Program. She started as Strategic Planning Lead for the U.S. Commercial organization, followed by leading a Customer Operations team who delivered $1.9B revenue in the sales season of 2010. In 2011, Linda was expatriated to Buenos Aires, Argentina, to revamp the distribution channel in Monsanto’s Latin America South region (Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay). Upon return to the U.S., Linda became Global Operations Manger in the Supply Chain organization, establishing and optimizing key processes to reduce COGs and inventory. In 2013, Linda joined Monsanto’s R&D organization as Director of Global Strategy & Operations for Plant Breeding. 2014 through 2015, she was selected into and completed Monsanto’s Global Leadership Exchange, the talent pipeline program for the Executive Team, and Diversity Leadership Pilot, a development program for top diversity leaders. Most recently in 2016, Linda became Chief of Staff and Senior Director of Global Corporate Affairs.
Linda enjoys cross-culture experience earlier on through her student exchanges in Japan and Switzerland and later through work, community service, and travelling. Her hobbies are jogging, Yoga, singing, Gu Zheng (a 21-string Chinese zither), and spending time with her 5-year old son.
As of July 2016
COMMUNITY SERVICE & OTHER
- Language: English, Mandarin, and Spanish
- Author: 7 academic papers and 2 book chapters on Chinese economy and MNCs in China
- Author: articles on Chinese language & culture https://www.linkedin.com/in/qiaonilindajing/
- Cabinet Member: United Way of Greater St. Louis Multi-Cultural Leadership Society, 2017
- Volunteer: United Way of Greater St. Louis, 2009-present
- Board Member: Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Greater St. Louis, 2017
- Consultant: pro bono strategic planning work for Center for Women in Transition that assists women in criminal justice system to re-enter their communities, 2016
- Young Leadership 100: Greater St. Louis Regional Business Council, 2013-2015
- Ambassador: Project Mosaic, the Bi-State public-private initiative to promote economic prosperity through workforce diversity in Grater St. Louis, 2013-present
- Executive Advisor: Monsanto Asian Connection, 2016-present
- Mentor: Monsanto Supplier CEO Mentoring Program, 2015
- Vice President & Board Member: Monsanto Asian Connection, 2010-2011
- President & Board Member: General Motors Chinese Association, 2008-2009